ID 4612 - Interior Design Internship Program Part II
Students will enroll in this part II version of the course to meet the requirements of the internship. This senior-level course enables students to work with established design professionals specifically related to their career interests. Under the direction of the Department Chair and the Director of Career + Alumni Services, students are carefully evaluated to facilitate the best possible student/sponsor connection. A planned program of activities is then coordinated with the professional internship sponsor. Students are exposed to a variety of on-the-job experiences such as space planning, drafting, showroom use, presentation boards, installation supervision, and client and manufacturer interaction. Students must participate in a scheduled pre-internship seminar prior to enrolling in the internship program. Upon successful completion of the internship program, students will have real-world experience working with a design, architectural, or related firm that prepares them to successfully enter the design profession.
Prerequisites: ID 4611 - Interior Design Internship Program Part I
Notes: This course is Pass/Fail.
Required textbooks from this course are also used in ID4611.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Recognize the role and value of legal recognition for the profession.
- Define the contexts for interior design practice.
- Define the impact of a global market on design practices.
- Define the breadth and depth of interior design’s impact and value.
- Define the components of business practice.
- Understand types of professional business formations.
- Engage with role models who are qualified by education and experience in interior design.
- Recognize the role and value of life-long learning.
- Recognize the role and value of public service.
ID 4612 Course Learning Outcome Rubric
Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal With Change in Your Work and in Your Life - ISBN: 9780399144462
The Interior Design Intern - ISBN: 9781563679070
Add to Bookmarks (opens a new window)