FS 2310 - Construction III: Flat Pattern Techniques
This sophomore-level course teaches students the process of flat pattern techniques. Students will learn to manipulate basic slopers to create complete garments, as well as drafting flat patterns from measurements. Upon successful completion of this course, students will advance their skill to create patterns for their original designs, including the documentation and specifications needed for sample makers to construct the garment.
Prerequisites: FS 1350 - Construction II: Draping + Drafting
Notes: Required textbooks for this course are also used in FS13010 and FS1350.
The textbooks Patternmaking for Fashion Design, 5th Edition and Draping for Fashion Design are also used in FS3150.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Apply flat pattern technique to create garment accuracy and fit.
- Demonstrate construction skills and basic pattern manipulation to draft accurate flat patterns from measurements.
- Create patterns for an original design, including the documentation and specifications needed for sample makers to construct the garment.
FS 2310 Course Learning Outcome Rubric
Sewing for the Apparel Industry - ISBN: 9780131884434
Patternmaking for Fashion Design, 5th Edition - ISBN: 9780135018767
Draping for Fashion Design - ISBN: 9780132447270
Required Course Materials:
- https://www.ids-la.com/rmcadkit.html *students should have this kit from Construction I, may need to replenish some items.
- https://www.ids-la.com/rmcadonl.html *students will need this
- 1 - 3 yards of sheer weight fusible non-woven interfacing (white) (yardage for all the construction 1-3 courses)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe InDesign
Add to Bookmarks (opens a new window)