FS 1350 - Construction II: Draping + Drafting
This freshman-level course introduces the process of creating garments through draping. Students will learn to drape garments in order to create patterns through drafting and trueing. Upon successful completion of this course, students will have basic sloper/blocks for the purpose of creating patterns for their original fashion design concepts.
Prerequisites: FS 1310 - Construction I: Industry Sewing Basics
Notes: Required textbooks for this course are also used in FS1310 and FS2310.
The textbooks Patternmaking for Fashion Design, 5th Edition and Draping for Fashion Design are also used in FS3150.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate basic design elements and fabric draping techniques resulting in a basic sloper set for flat pattern original designs.
- Transfer draped garments to flat patterns with the sloper pattern-drafting process.
- Complete assembly instructions and specifications for garment construction.
- Discuss fabrication choices and fabric type requirements.
FS 1350 Course Learning Outcome Rubric
Sewing for the Apparel Industry - ISBN: 9780131884434
Patternmaking for Fashion Design, 5th Edition - ISBN: 9780135018767
Draping for Fashion Design, 5th Edition - ISBN: 9780132447270
Required Course Materials:
- https://www.ids-la.com/rmcadkit.html *students should have this kit from Construction I, may need to replenish some items.
- https://www.ids-la.com/rmcadonl.html *students will need this
- 1 - 3 yards of sheer weight fusible non-woven interfacing (white) (yardage for all the construction 1-3 courses)
- 1/2 yard of knit interfacing (aka Fusi-knit) white
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe InDesign
Add to Bookmarks (opens a new window)