EMDT 5010 - Social Learning Spaces
In this course students develop skills in accessing, analyzing, evaluating, and creating with a variety of emergent social technologies. Students expand their use of social media outlets to include innovative communication and collaborative strategies for today and tomorrow. This course also addresses how to leverage online spaces and new media tools to manage information and relationships. While social media tools are critical to the learning of today, students will also examine the foundation of social learning through communities of practice. Students begin to establish their professional network and create the framework for an educational portfolio using online tools. Upon successful completion of this course, students will have an expanded awareness of social learning and the impact on teaching with the ability to identify and create appropriate approaches for specific scenarios.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate an understanding of participatory communities of practice.
- Engage in hands-on activities centered around social learning.
- Create educational content for multiple platforms.
- Develop the framework for an educational portfolio.
EMDT 5010 Course Learning Outcome Rubric
- Whitaker, T., Zoul, J., & Casas, J. (2015). What connected educators do differently. New York, NY: Routledge. ISBN-13: 978-1138832008
You will also need a guide to APA style throughout the program. You may pick either of these options:
- American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.). American Psychological Association. ISBN 978-1433832178
- American Psychological Association. (2019). Concise guide to APA style (7th ed.). American Psychological Association. ISBN 978-1433832734
Add to Bookmarks (opens a new window)