Nov 30, 2022
GD 4000 - Graphic Design Senior Portfolio Review
Students who are registered for GD 4990 - Graphic Design Graduation Portfolio class are required to participate in a departmental senior portfolio review. In this review students demonstrate an understanding of the design process; show a proficiency in presenting their work professionally and an overall comprehension of their field.
Corequisites: GD 4990 - Graphic Design Graduation Portfolio
Notes: This course is Pass/Fail.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- The ability to solve communication problems.
- Research and information gathering, analysis, generation of alternative solutions.
- Prototyping, user testing, and evaluation of outcomes.
- The ability to describe and respond to the audiences and contexts which communication solutions must address. Recognition of the physical, cognitive, cultural, and social human factors that shape design decisions.
- The ability to create and develop visual form in response to communication problems.
- Understand principles of visual organization/composition and information hierarchy.
- Understand symbolic representation.
- Understanding the proper use of Typography and its various applications.
- An understanding of tools and technology, including the creation, reproduction, and distribution of visual messages.
- An understanding of design history, theory and criticism.
- An understanding of basic business practices, including the ability to organize design projects and to work productively as a member of teams.
GD 4000 Course Learning Outcome Rubric
Add to Bookmarks (opens a new window)