AN3D 3330 - 3D Character + Production Design
In this junior-level studio course, students explore methods of developing character assets. The relationship between topology, edge-flow, anatomical structure, and mesh deformation will be explored. Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the practical knowledge to produce a character of high visual quality and technical functionality.
Prerequisites: AN3D 2320 - 3D Computer Lighting + Materials .
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Design characters, clothing, and props with strong narrative impact.
- Utilize color, shape, texture, and silhouette to increase impact of design work.
- Experiment with different visual design styles.
- Recognize the importance of look development (Look Dev) in an animation production pipeline.
- Translate 3D design work into functional, well-developed 3D assets.
AN3D 3330 Course Learning Outcome Rubric
Add to Bookmarks (opens a new window)