EMDT 5030 - Presentation Design + Delivery
In this course students examine education methodologies and media design techniques used in lecturing, training, and classroom facilitation, both in face-to-face and virtual settings. Students explore best practices for presentation design and evaluate their unique delivery style and the impact it has on their audience. Students engage in project-based learning activities to produce content and assets for their educational portfolio, which serves as an applied demonstration of their knowledge and skill in delivery and audience presentation methodologies. Upon successful completion of this course, students will have applied their knowledge of presentation design and delivery for a deeper understanding of audience engagement.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Create impactful content in a variety of presentation formats.
- Analyze and evaluate content delivery style.
- Apply audience engagement tactics.
- Evaluate audience follow-up and assessment measures.
EMDT 5030 Course Learning Outcome Rubric
- Reynolds, G. (2012). Presentation Zen: Simple ideas for presentation design and delivery (2nd ed.). Berkeley, CA: New Riders. ISBN-13: 978-0321811981
- Durate, N. (2010). Resonate - Present visual stories that transform audiences. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons. (also used in 5110) ISBN-13: 978-0470632017
Note: A free multimedia copy of Resonate can be found at https://www.duarte.com/presentation-skills-resources/free-multimedia-version-of-resonate/ but you must register on the Duarte site to access. This free copy will work for the course.
Add to Bookmarks (opens a new window)