Aug 05, 2020
ART 2260 - Printmaking II
This sophomore-level course provides an overview of more advanced skills and concepts in the area of printmaking. Students learn more advanced techniques as they work toward creating a body of work. Upon successful completion of this course, students are expected to demonstrate knowledge of research and technical skills; its application to individual process, and to apply this to their practice.
Prerequisites: ART 1160 - Printmaking I
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Compose designs that examine and apply the elements and principles of design.
- Create visual designs that adapt to the various printmaking processes.
- Create prints that visually represent the student’s concept.
- Produce prints that apply more advanced knowledge and skills of the printmaking processes.
- Create a work of art that displays understanding and demonstration of combining printmaking with another medium.
- Interpret contemporary art issues through research, ideation, problem-solving, and creativity.
ART 2260 Course Learning Outcome Rubric
Required Course Materials:
- Photopositive working plate Pair of Latex dishwashing gloves, or a box of latex or nitrile gloves Baby wipes (optional, but very helpful) Apron Notebook or sketchbook X-Acto knife/ #11 blades or Olfa Silver knife Ultra-fine point Sharpie marker Masking or artist’s tape Opaque mark-making implements such as: Opaque acrylic markers such as Montana markers, black acrylic, black gouache, Stabilo All pencils, Faber-Castell PITT pens, china markers (optional) Any materials necessary to complete Project 3
- 6”x8” Photo Intaglio plate
- 8 sheets Rives BFK
- Old t-shirts for rags
- Pair of Latex dish washing gloves or a box of latex or nitrile gloves
- Skectch Book
- X-Acto knife/ #11 blades or Olfa Silver knife
- Ultrafine point Sharpie marker
- Masking or artist’s tape
- Opaque mark making implements such as: Opaque acrylic markers such as Montana markers, black acrylic, black gouache, Stabilo-All pencils, Faber-Castell PITT pens, china markers, litho crayons
Add to Bookmarks (opens a new window)