ART 2210 - Ceramics II
This sophomore-level course builds directly on the knowledge and skills students learn in Ceramics I. Students are taught how to make plaster molds specifically for ceramic use, how to safely mix glazes, and how to fire gas fueled kilns. Upon successful completion of this course, students will have a greater understanding of the varied possibilities of working with clay and be able to better discern the methods that best suit their own personal artistic style.
Prerequisites: ART 1110 - Ceramics I
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the use of electric and gas kilns.
- Understand glaze materials and how to research, mix, and test glazes.
- Create multi-part plaster molds for ceramic casting.
- Practice their understanding of three-dimensional design through ceramic compositions.
ART 2210 Course Learning Outcome Rubric
Required Course Materials:
- Hand Lotion
- Sturdy box for transporting materials
Add to Bookmarks (opens a new window)