AN2D 4240 - Advanced Character Animation + Motion Studies
This senior-level studio course is a continuation of Character Animation + Motion Studies. Students will refine their skills and knowledge through assignments that include character acting with lip-sync combined with specific activities or conflicts. Upon successful completion of this course students will have animated advanced, narrative-driven motion using character, performance and dialogue.
Prerequisites: AN2D 3230 - Character Animation + Motion Studies
Notes: (Formerly AN 4410 Advanced Character Animation Motion Studies)
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Animate non-human characters with a strong emphasis on weight, physics, performance and acting.
- Translate and combine effects such as snow, fire, smoke and rain into a 2D visual style.
- Recognize proper motion study as it translates into quality animation.
- Identify phoneme mouth shapes and apply them to dialogue and lip-sync for non-human characters.
- Differentiate locomotion in quadruped, biped and avian characters.
AN2D 4240 Course Learning Outcome Rubric
Add to Bookmarks (opens a new window)